The Legal Affairs Committee initiates, monitors, reviews, and advises the entire membership on legal matters by providing legal opinions/advisories on issues affecting the County Assemblies. It provides a platform for networking, sharing experience, and best practices for legal professionals serving in the County Assemblies. The Committee is tasked to establish and coordinate the legal counsels on court cases that interest the County Assemblies. They also draft legislative proposals, legal briefs, and memoranda on laws affecting County Assemblies as a resource for the membership.
They are the lead advisory team in the consultations between the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and SOCATT(K) on the job evaluation report.
The Legal Affairs Committee
1) Mr. Isaac Kitur – Clerk Bomet County Assembly-CONVENER
2) Mr. Leboo Saisa – Clerk Kajiado County Assembly
3) Mr. Oletuiya Mayiani – Clerk Narok County Assembly
4) Mr. Joseph Malinda – Clerk Nakuru County Assembly
5) Mr. Shadrack Choge – Clerk Uasin Gishu County Assembly
6) Ms. Jane Mutai – Clerk Elgeyo Marakwet County Assembly
7) Mr.Duke Onyari – A.g Clerk Nyamira County Assembly
8) Mr.Owen Ojuok – Clerk Kisumu County Assembly
9) Mr.Salad Boru – Clerk Isiolo County Assembly
10) Mr.Omar Ali – Clerk Lamu County Assembly
11) Mr. James Nyaoga- Clerk Kisii County Assembly