The Procedure and Practice Committee studies the procedures and practices of Legislatures in the Common Wealth and identifies the best practices applicable to County Assemblies for adaption. It considers and reports on all matters relating to procedures, practice and Standing Orders of County assemblies while identifying unique matters of procedures and practice in the context of Assemblies with a view to propose and spearhead suitable amendments.
In joint sittings with the HR Committee, the committee participates in needs assessment for procedures and practices and recommendation of capacity building for staff. The Committee has been instrumental in the development of County Assembly Procedure and Practice and County Assembly Committee manuals.
The Procedure and Practice Committee
1) Mr. Jasper Mutuiri – Clerk Laikipia County Assembly-CONVENER
2) Mr.Sheikh Shalle – Clerk Wajir County Assembly
3) Mr. James Nyaoga – Clerk Kisii County Assembly
4) Mr.Leboo Saisa – Clerk Kajiado County Assembly
5) Mr.Amos Kiangwe – Clerk Tharaka Nithi County Assembly
6) Mr. Elijajah Mutambuki – Clerk Kitui County Assembly
7) Mr. Jim Kauma – Clerk Embu County Assembly
8) Mr.Gadiel Maganga – Clerk Taita Taveta County Assembly
9) Mr. Ahmed Surrow – Clerk Mandera County Assembly